Membership applications are processed via the Alpine Club's national office.
Joining the Southern Alberta section of the Alpine Club of Canada provides you with numerous benefits including:
reasons to join
- Regularly scheduled trips and training courses (e.g., avalanche safety courses)
- Opportunities to meet like-minded people for mountain adventures.
- Member rates at the ACC Clubhouse in Canmore, Alberta, the Canadian Alpine Centre in Lake Louise, and ACC backcountry huts.
- Access to the Alpine Club's extensive range of mountaineering camps and backcountry ski camps (including some specially designed for beginners, women and youth)
reasons to stay
- Comprehensive liability insurance coverage while participating in an official club activity or event to protect you as a participant or a leader
- 60-day advanced booking privileges at our 24 backcountry huts in the mountains of Alberta and British Columbia.
- Subscription to the Club's national newsletter, The Gazette, published three times a year,
- Free NewsNet e-Bulletin updates (if you subscribe)
- Eligibility for alpine leadership training and development programs
- Eligibility for annual Club grants
- 10% Discounts at Awesome Adventures in Lethbridge (with proof of Membership)